1. Meraki International Film Fest aims to promote culture Film world through audiovisual works, discovering those innovative proposals in this field.
1. Meraki is organized by the Cultural Association of Palma del Río (Córdoba España).
2. The 1st edition of MIFF (Meraki International Film Fest) will be held from 24 to 30 October 2016 and will feature the following competitions:
- Section International Film Official
- Official Selection of Short Films Junior (only suitable for municipalities where celebrates the festival).
III. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. The festival is open to Shortfilms and Feature fiction films, documentaries and animation. Being free theme, that of tourism or publicity and TV series are excluded.
2. Each author may submit as many works you want.
3. May be submitted or made after January 1, 2014 and which have not been publicly distributed and / or mass except other festivals, fairs or public events.
4. The films will be screened in their original language. Those whose original version is not Spanish must be subtitled in Spanish.
5. The duration of the works is:
- Short fiction or animated maximum 30 minutes and a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Fiction feature films or animation maximum 120 minutes and a minimum of 40 minutes.
- Documentaries: maximum 90 minutes, a minimum of 20 minutes.
6. A plural and qualified committee will select the works that will be of the competition. The result of this selection will inform the contact person indicated on the registration form.
1. Any registered short film must meet the following standards:
- The registration deadline is Sunday 28 August, 2016.
- Registration will be online through various platforms:
- “Festhome” in www.festhome.com, completing all sections required. The participant shall bear the costs of this platform. This platform will be created an account and the video file in the specified format (.mp4 with H.264 codec and bitrate between 1250 kbps and 1750 kbps) with embedded subtitles in Spanish, in the case of works whose version will be uploaded Original not Spanish.
V. SELECTED WORKS, AND SHIPPING COPIES OF PROJECTION
1. All selected works should send or copy bligatoriamente subtitled in Spanish (unless the original language is this), projection and listing Castilian dialogues. We will contact the winners to facilitate the instructions.
2. Those selected must send (if not previously climbed the material one of the corresponding platforms) a file with a compound of:
- Three frames or representative photographs of the film and photography director. The preferred format is a digital file, 300dpi, JPEG or TIFF with a size approximately 32 × 45 cm.
- Biofilmography director at a maximum of 600 characters.
- List dialog.
- Teasser of a maximum duration of three minutes of film effects promotion with a minimum resolution of 1080p and encoded in H.264 with a rate Data between 10000-15000 kbits / s.
3. The participants authorize the Festival organization using such excerpts from films for broadcast in any media for the purpose of
promote the Festival. the Festival may also use photographs from the films and directors, in the press and other media, as well as for the development of Festival catalog. Sending the extract constitutes acceptance of all of these terms.
4. The selected films in the exhibition format should be in to the Festival before October 10, 2016. Sending files will be made FTP service through the festival will make available to the authors. It should be communicate by email shipping date: firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to comply with this requirement implies the exclusion of the work.
5. The Festival will not pay any amount to the authors or responsible for the works selected by the exhibition of the same in the festival dates.
6. The selected films will become part of the file Meraki International Film Festival and the private practice of the same is authorized purposes educational or research.
7. The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of returning the copies are not awarded, if necessary.
8. Every film that does not offer technical guarantees necessary for good public screening may be rejected, communicating at all times participant.
VI. SAW INTERNET BROADCAST TELEVISION
1. Participation in the Festival implies authorization to broadcast fragments the film presented on Spanish television and through networks social or other Internet media.
1. The jury for the competition will decide the awarding of the prizes and trophies among all selected for the official section of the competition works.
2. Their decision is final, committing jurors to keep their decisions secret until after the official awards ceremony and Festival closing.
VIII. AWARDS INTERNATIONAL FILM COMPETITION
1. It will be held during the Festival and will be awarded the following prizes official:
- Best Fiction Film Award: € 600 and a trophy.
- Best Animated Film Award: € 600 and a trophy.
- Best Documentary Award: € 400 and a trophy.
- Award Best Short Fiction: 300 € and a trophy.
- Best Animated Short Film Award: € 300 and a trophy.
- Audience Award: € 100 and a trophy. They will compete for the same all the semifinalists works the festival. The festival reserves the right to cancel the award if there were any concerning the projections made during the week of technical problem festival celebration.
- Special Mention Award Meraki: Prize distribution, and a trophy. They will compete for the same all finalists.
- Award for Best Original Score: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same all finalists of the festival.
- Award for Best Original Idea: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same all finalists of the festival.
- Best Cinematography Award: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same selected as feature films of fiction and documentary works.
- Best Director Award: T rofeo and diploma. They will compete for the same works selected as feature films, animation and documentary film.
- Best Screenplay Award: Trophy and diploma. Will compete for the same selected works as feature films and animation.
- Best Actor Award: Trophy and diploma. Will compete for the same selected works as feature films.
- Best Actress Award: Trophy and diploma. Will compete for the same selected works as feature films.
- Short Film Award Best Direction Photography: Trophy and diploma. They will opt selected works the same as short films.
- Short Film Award Best Direction: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same works selected as short films and animation.
- Short Film Award for Best Screenplay: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same works Selected as short films and animation.
- Best Actor Award Short Film: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same works selected as feature films.
- Best Actress Award Short Film: Trophy and diploma. They will compete for the same works selected as short films.
IX. ABOUT THE AWARDS
1. None of the prizes outlined in the contests may be granted exaequo, or they may be declared void.
2. The prizes will be allocated to the directors of the films, except of those produced by academies, schools or institutions dedicated to teaching of filmmaking.
X. SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS
1. After the Festival, they may disseminate works that have won awards or Special to mention cultural and educational programs, as well as future editions festival, with prior notification to the authors.
2. Participants should ensure that their rights of participation in the Festival not violate the rights of others linked to the production of the registered works.
3. Any entry to one of the competitions implies acceptance of these Regulations.
4. Meraki International Film Fest solve his final judgment, any eventuality not specified in this Regulation.